Friday, April 20, 2012

Wait for white?

So it's the ever burning question…can I wear white before Memorial Day?  Here is your answer!  YES, of course.  White looks great in the Spring, when it's a little too chilly still for shorts and skirts, but too warm for your heavy winter clothes.   
So unless you live on a tobacco plantation and carry a parasol somewhere in the VERY DEEP South please ignore this silly rule.  It reminds me of a chain letter, believe me nothing bad will happen to you if you start rocking your white pants now.  Besides it's too hot for white denim in the summer.  Who wants to wear heavy denim pants in 90 degree heat???
This does bring me to another point though, the white denim capri.   These may sound like a good idea, but beware my friends they are NOT.  Let's just start by saying white is hard enough to wear in the first place, now chop off four inches mid calf.  The effect is a Less lean and Less long looking leg.  So my advice to you is...  if you own a pair of white denim capris (and you are not walking the Parisian runways) please send them down to the deep South to be worn by the same girl who lives on the as for mentioned plantation and is also wearing hoop skirts made of curtains. (Sound familiar?)

So now you might be asking "what about white shoes?"   To this I must answer, why do you own white shoes?  Are you a nurse?  Are you a Go Go dancer?  
The last time I owned a pair of white shoes was 1998, they were sky high retro Candies.  I can assure this is not a good look, and I have pictures to prove it! Forget sending those to the Deep South, the war is over, just throw them away.




Goldsmith on shopbob

No comments:

Post a Comment