Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No Justice

Dear Mr. or Mrs. Justice (Children's clothing line),
I'd like to take a moment of your time.  I'm sure you are busy, thinking of inappropriate slogan to print across our baby daughters' chests' and hynies', but  please hear me out.
Your marketing is flawless.  My 8 year old would sell her soul for your clothes, but here in lies my problem.  I'm not sure if you have children, it's hard for me to believe that you do.  Because what kind of parent would throw his/her fellow comrades into the abyss of inappropriate tackiness that you do with your store.
Let me begin with the belly bearing shirts and off the shoulder numbers you are trying to sell to my 8 year old and her friends. Firstly no good ever comes fashion wise of cutting a shirt above the navel or hanging it across your shoulders (please remember the 80's) and it is really terrible when we put this look on children, think B. Spears!!
Secondly, why the cheez??? The rhinestones, the sparkles, the tassels…are you joking?? Are we raising strong young women or Vegas Show Girls?
And, as if it's not all bad enough, your clothes are poorly made!!
I actually think you might be in cahoots with Mr. or Mrs. Nickelodeon, who feels the need to cast, scantly clad 20 year olds to play the part of 15 year olds, while marketing your shows to my eight year old?!? Please stop trying to influence my baby, you are only making my job more difficult!!   Please use your enormous resources for good!! Thank you for your time, The Somerset Hills Stylist


Sorry for the tirade, but as parents let's teach our girls about classic cuts, less is more designs, beautiful fabrics and resisting the fads.  If we all stood together for "true justice" for our girls we could eliminate the  business' looking to exploit them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment